Ruger 8503 AR-556 Rifle 5.56mm 16in 30rd Barrett Brown
What’s in the Box
AR-556 5.56mm Barrett Brown Cerakote
- (1) 30-Round Magazine
- Cable Lock
- Owner’s Manual
The Ruger 8503 AR-556 Barrett Brown Cerakote semi-automatic, M4-style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle offers consumers an affordable, American-made Modern Sporting Rifle with the rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. Extensively tested during its development, the AR-556 is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts.
Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556’s carbine-length, flat-top, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, brass deflector, telescoping six-position stock, improved trigger-reach grip, enlarged trigger guard and one 30-round Magpul PMag. Standardized M4/AR components are utilized throughout, so the AR-556 can be customized easily.
Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight provides windage adjustability, and pairs with the elevation adjustable front sight for a solid, reliable aiming system. The rear sight can be folded out of the way to make room for optics, but can be instantly redeployed if needed. Six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters, or varying levels of outerwear or defensive gear. Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability. Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability. Front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included. The A2-style F-height allows co-witness with many optics. Patent pending Barrel Nut and Delta Ring are designed for one person handguard removal and installation. The design accepts most standard carbine length handguards. The barrel nut uses a standard wrench and can be swapped with a Mil-Spec barrel nut if desired. Milled gas block is located at a carbine-length (M4) poition for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for many sling and accessory mounting options. Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
- Medium contour cold hammer-forged barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. The 1:8″ twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. Ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability, and the matte black oxide finish reduces glare and provides corrosion resistance. A Ruger® flash suppressor is provided, and the 1/2″-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting.
- Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
- Also includes: One, 30-round Magpul® PMAG®
- Manufacturer: Ruger
- Model: AR-556
- Model Number: 8503
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Weight: 6.50 lbs.
- Length: 32.25 – 35.50 in.
- Length of Pull: 10.25 – 13.50 in.
- Width: 2.50 in.
- Height: 8.00 in. (Without Magazine)
- Capacity: 30-Rounds
- Buttstock: Six-Position Telescoping / Mil-Spec Buffer Tube / Flat Dark Earth
- Handguards: Heat Resistant Glass-Filled Nylon / Flat Dark Earth
- Grip: Ergonomic Improved Trigger Reach / Enlarged Trigger Guard Opening
- Sights: Elevation Adjustable Front / Windage Adjustable Ruger® Rapid Deploy Folding Rear (Front Sight Tool Included)
- Upper Receiver: Flat Top 7075-T6 Aluminum Forging / Forward Assist Dust Cover and Brass Deflector / Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Lower Receiver: 7075-T6 Aluminum Forging / Type III Hard Coat Anodized | Cerakote Barrett Brown Finish
- Bolt Carrier Group: Staked Gas Key / Chrome Plated Bolt Carrier ID and Gas Key ID / Matte Black Oxide Finish
- Bolt: 9310 Alloy Steel / Shoot Peened / PT Tested
- 16.10 in. Medium Contour
- Cold Hammer-Forged 4140 Chrome-Moly Steel
- 1:8 Twist Stabilizes Bullets from 35 to 77 Grain
- M4 Feed Ramp Cuts
- PT Tested
- Threaded ½ – 28 with Ruger Flash Suppressor
- Barrel Contour is .850 Under the Handguard .750 Under the Gas Block .700 Forward of the Gas Block
- Matte Black Oxide Finished
- Gas Block:
- A-2 F-Height Pinned in Place
- Multiple Sling Attachment Points and with QD Port and Bayonet Lug
- Machined Low-Glare Serrations on Angled Face
- Barrel Nut/Delta Ring:
- Patent Pending Design
- One Person Removal
- Accepts Standard Handguards
- Uses Standard Wrench Can be Swapped with a Mil-Spec Nut if Desired