Taurus PT738 TCP .380 ACP Semiautomatic Pistol
Taurus’ lightest concealed carry gun, the Taurus PT738 TCP .380 ACP Semiautomatic Pistol gives you trust self-defense firepower that weighs just 10.2 oz. when empty. This compact semi-auto combines a lightweight and durable polymer frame with a steel action and slide topped with low-profile fixed sights. Checkered polymer grips feature a series of grooves for easier handling, control, and accuracy. Rounded edges throughout help resist snagging while drawing. DAO action. The PT738 is a seven-shot polymer-framed .380 caliber semi-automatic pistol designed for nearly undetectable concealed carry—one that still provides an adequate level of power for use as a defensive firearm. It, like the other micro .380s on the market, relies on a compact locked-breech design rather than a massive blowback operating system used on earlier .380 pistols like the Walther PPK.
Important Product and Safety Information
- We recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item.
- Manufacturer warranty – general: Lifetime limited
- Magazine capacity: 6
- Grip: Polymer
- Metal Finish: Blue steel
- Front sight: Low-profile fixed
- Rear sight: Low-profile fixed
- Barrel length (in.): 2.84
- Product Weight: 10.2 oz.
- Style: Pistol
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Action: Double
- Rifle Ammo Type: Centerfire
- Caliber: .380 ACP
What’s in the Box
- Taurus PT738 TCP .380 ACP Semiautomatic Pistol
- 6-round magazine
- Semiautomatic double action
- Blue steel slide
- Black polymer frame
- Polymer grips
- Low-profile, fixed front and rear sights
- 6-round magazine included
How to buy a gun online
Buying guns online is both safe and easy, plus it saves you time and money. However, there are certain Federal and Local laws that must be obeyed. Federal Firearms Laws prevent us from shipping firearms directly to you. Instead, we ship any firearm purchased on our site to a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer in your area.
Here’s how it works:
- Make your purchase online, ensuring you are following all state and local laws. For a listing of these laws, please visit the following link: Gun Laws.
- Find an FFL dealer in your area that will accept the transfer of your firearm. Most dealers, which include sporting goods stores, pawn shops, gunsmiths and gun stores, are willing to do this for a nominal fee. If you have a dealer in mind, please enter their name and telephone number at checkout. If not, you can contact us after the sale to provide the dealer information. Please call us at 1-855-786-9666 and we’ll be glad to help you.
- Have your dealer email us a copy of their valid and signed FFL form. Emailed copies can be sent to [email protected]. IMPORTANT: Please make sure your dealer includes your Order ID#, as well as your name with the FFL. California orders also must include a CFD number.
- Once we have received the FFL, we will ship your order to your dealer and you will receive a confirmation of shipment via email.
- Once your dealer receives your firearm, they will contact you and you can complete all the necessary paperwork and pick up your firearm.
In the Buffalo, MN area? You can pick up your purchase up at our Retail Store. Simply select Store Pick-up under Shipping method at checkout. Once you submit your order, we'll process it and email you when it's ready to be picked up. Please note that we can sell long guns (rifles and shotguns) to out-of-state residents from most states. Handguns must be picked up in the state in which you reside. For example: a South Carolina resident can purchase a rifle or shotgun in our retail store and take it home the same day (pending the background check), but a handgun would need to be shipped to a dealer in South Carolina. Please note that a background check is still required and out-of-state concealed carry permits cannot be used in lieu of a background check.
We'll be glad to transfer a gun you purchased from another dealer in our retail store. Please visit our Firearms Transfers Page
for more information.
Antiques and Black Powder
Most of the time, black powder guns can ship directly to you. We require a clear, legible and un-defaced copy of your valid driver's license or state ID showing your age and current address. We will only ship to the address on the license. The package will be sent Adult Signature Required, please make sure someone 21 or older will be there to sign for it. An Antique is defined and a firearm made in or before 1898. Antiques are sold as collectables only. We cannot ship Cartridge Firing Antique Handguns directly to residents of to CA, CO, CT, DC, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, NV, OR or WA; they MUST ship to a regular FFL Dealer. We cannot ship Cartridge Firing Antique Rifles to residents of CA, CO, CT, DC, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, NV, OR or WA; they MUST ship to a regular FFL Dealer. Antique & Modern Black Powder (Percussion, Flintlock, Cap & Ball or 209 Primer) firearms can be shipped directly to most locations. We will only ship Antiques & Black Powder guns to addresses in the 50 United States. We cannot ship any Black Powder guns to the cities of: New York & Surrounding Area, Washington DC, Chicago / Oak Park, San Francisco or Los Angeles. We cannot ship any Modern Black Powder or Antique Pistols, Rifles or Shotguns of any kind to residents of CO, CT, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OR; they MUST ship to a regular FFL Dealer.